ted演讲文稿(参考5篇)

网友 分享 时间:

【路引】由阿拉题库网美丽的网友为您整理分享的“ted演讲文稿(参考5篇)”文档资料,以供您学习参考之用,希望这篇范文对您有所帮助,喜欢就复制下载支持吧!

ted演讲稿1

简介:残奥会短跑冠军aimee mullins天生没有腓骨,从小就要学习靠义肢走路和奔跑。如今,她不仅是短跑选手、演员、模特,还是一位稳健的演讲者。她不喜欢字典中 “disabled”这个词,因为负面词汇足以毁掉一个人。但是,坦然面对不幸,你会发现等待你的是更多的机会。

i'd like to share with you a discovery that i made a few months ago while writing an article for italian wired. i always keep my thesaurus handy whenever i'm writing anything, but i'd already finished editing the piece, and i realized that i had never once in my life looked up the word "disabled" to see what i'd find.

let me read you the entry. "disabled, adjective: crippled, helpless, useless, wrecked, stalled, maimed, wounded, mangled, lame, mutilated, run-down, worn-out, weakened, impotent, castrated, paralyzed, handicapped, senile, decrepit, laid-up, done-up, done-for, done-in cracked-up, counted-out; see also hurt, useless and weak. antonyms, healthy, strong, capable." i was reading this list out loud to a friend and at first was laughing, it was so ludicrous, but i'd just gotten past "mangled," and my voice broke, and i had to stop and collect myself from the emotional shock and impact that the assault from these words unleashed.

you know, of course, this is my raggedy old thesaurus so i'm thinking this must be an ancient print date, right? but, in fact, the print date was the early 1980s, when i would have been starting primary school and forming an understanding of myself outside the family unit and as related to the other kids and the world around me. and, needless to say, thank god i wasn't using a thesaurus back then. i mean, from this entry, it would seem that i was born into a world that perceived someone like me to have nothing positive whatsoever going for them, when in fact, today i'm celebrated for the opportunities and adventures my life has procured.

so, i immediately went to look up the __ online edition, e_pecting to find a revision worth noting. here's the updated version of this entry. unfortunately, it's not much better. i find the last two words under "near antonyms," particularly unsettling: "whole" and "wholesome."

so, it's not just about the words. it's what we believe about people when we name them with these words. it's about the values behind the words, and how we construct those values. our language affects our thinking and how we view the world and how we view other people. in fact, many ancient societies, including the greeks and the romans, believed that to utter a curse verbally was so powerful, because to say the thing out loud brought it into e_istence. so, what reality do we want to call into e_istence: a person who is limited, or a person who's empowered? by casually doing something as simple as naming a person, a child, we might be putting lids and casting shadows on their power. wouldn't we want to open doors for them instead?

one such person who opened doors for me was my childhood doctor at the dupont institute in wilmington, delaware. his name was dr. pizzutillo, an italian american, whose name, apparently, was too difficult for most americans to pronounce, so he went by dr. p. and dr. p always wore really colorful bow ties and had the very perfect disposition to work with children.

i loved almost everything about my time spent at this hospital, with the e_ception of my physical therapy sessions. i had to do what seemed like innumerable repetitions of e_ercises with these thick, elastic bands -- different colors, you know -- to help build up my leg muscles, and i hated these bands more than anything -- i hated them, had names for them. i hated them. and, you know, i was already bargaining, as a five year-old child, with dr. p to try to get out of doing these e_ercises, unsuccessfully, of course. and, one day, he came in to my session -- e_haustive and unforgiving, these sessions -- and he said to me, "wow. aimee, you are such a strong and powerful little girl, i think you're going to break one of those bands. when you do break it, i'm going to give you a hundred bucks."

now, of course, this was a simple ploy on dr. p's part to get me to do the e_ercises i didn't want to do before the prospect of being the richest five-year-old in the second floor ward, but what he effectively did for me was reshape an awful daily occurrence into a new and promising e_perience for me. and i have to wonder today to what e_tent his vision and his declaration of me as a strong and powerful little girl shaped my own view of myself as an inherently strong, powerful and athletic person well into the future.

this is an e_ample of how adults in positions of power can ignite the power of a child. but, in the previous instances of those thesaurus entries, our language isn't allowing us to evolve into the reality that we would all want, the possibility of an individual to see themselves as capable. our language hasn't caught up with the changes in our society, many of which have been brought about by technology. certainly, from a medical standpoint, my legs, laser surgery for vision impairment, titanium knees and hip replacements for aging bodies that are allowing people to more fully engage with their abilities, and move beyond the limits that nature has imposed on them -- not to mention social networking platforms allow people to self-identify, to claim their own descriptions of themselves, so they can go align with global groups of their own choosing. so, perhaps technology is revealing more clearly to us now what has always been a truth: that everyone has something rare and powerful to offer our society, and that the human ability to adapt is our greatest asset.

the human ability to adapt, it's an interesting thing, because people have continually wanted to talk to me about overcoming adversity, and i'm going to make an admission: this phrase never sat right with me, and i always felt uneasy trying to answer people's questions about it, and i think i'm starting to figure out why. implicit in this phrase of "overcoming adversity" is the idea that success, or happiness, is about emerging on the other side of a challenging e_perience unscathed or unmarked by the e_perience, as if my successes in life have come about from an ability to sidestep or circumnavigate the presumed pitfalls of a life with prosthetics, or what other people perceive as my disability. but, in fact, we are changed. we are marked, of course, by a challenge, whether physically, emotionally or both. and i'm going to suggest that this is a good thing. adversity isn't an obstacle that we need to get around in order to resume living our life. it's part of our life. and i tend to think of it like my shadow. sometimes i see a lot of it, sometimes there's very little, but it's always with me. and, certainly, i'm not trying to diminish the impact, the weight, of a person's struggle.

there is adversity and challenge in life, and it's all very real and relative to every single person, but the question isn't whether or not you're going to meet adversity, but how you're going to meet it. so, our responsibility is not simply shielding those we care for from adversity, but preparing them to meet it well. and we do a disservice to our kids when we make them feel that they're not equipped to adapt. there's an important difference and distinction between the objective medical fact of my being an amputee and the subjective societal opinion of whether or not i'm disabled. and, truthfully, the only real and consistent disability i've had to confront is the world ever thinking that i could be described by those definitions.

in our desire to protect those we care about by giving them the cold, hard truth about their medical prognosis, or, indeed, a prognosis on the e_pected quality of their life, we have to make sure that we don't put the first brick in a wall that will actually disable someone. perhaps the e_isting model of only looking at what is broken in you and how do we fi_ it, serves to be more disabling to the individual than the pathology itself.

by not treating the wholeness of a person, by not acknowledging their potency, we are creating another ill on top of whatever natural struggle they might have. we are effectively grading someone's worth to our community. so we need to see through the pathology and into the range of human capability. and, most importantly, there's a partnership between those perceived deficiencies and our greatest creative ability. so it's not about devaluing, or negating, these more trying times as something we want to avoid or sweep under the rug, but instead to find those opportunities wrapped in the adversity. so maybe the idea i want to put out there is not so much overcoming adversity as it is opening ourselves up to it, embracing it, grappling with it, to use a wrestling term, maybe even dancing with it. and, perhaps, if we see adversity as natural, consistent and useful, we're less burdened by the presence of it.

this year we celebrate the 200th birthday of charles darwin, and it was 150 years ago, when writing about evolution, that darwin illustrated, i think, a truth about the human character. to paraphrase: it's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor is it the most intelligent that survives; it is the one that is most adaptable to change. conflict is the genesis of creation. from darwin's work, amongst others, we can recognize that the human ability to survive and flourish is driven by the struggle of the human spirit through conflict into transformation. so, again, transformation, adaptation, is our greatest human skill. and, perhaps, until we're tested, we don't know what we're made of. maybe that's what adversity gives us: a sense of self, a sense of our own power. so, we can give ourselves a gift. we can re-imagine adversity as something more than just tough times. maybe we can see it as change. adversity is just change that we haven't adapted ourselves to yet.

i think the greatest adversity that we've created for ourselves is this idea of normalcy. now, who's normal? there's no normal. there's common, there's typical. there's no normal, and would you want to meet that poor, beige person if they e_isted? (laughter) i don't think so. if we can change this paradigm from one of achieving normalcy to one of possibility -- or potency, to be even a little bit more dangerous -- we can release the power of so many more children, and invite them to engage their rare and valuable abilities with the community.

anthropologists tell us that the one thing we as humans have always required of our community members is to be of use, to be able to contribute. there's evidence that neanderthals, 60,000 years ago, carried their elderly and those with serious physical injury, and perhaps it's because the life e_perience of survival of these people proved of value to the community. they didn't view these people as broken and useless; they were seen as rare and valuable.

a few years ago, i was in a food market in the town where i grew up in that red zone in northeastern pennsylvania, and i was standing over a bushel of tomatoes. it was summertime: i had shorts on. i hear this guy, his voice behind me say, "well, if it isn't aimee mullins." and i turn around, and it's this older man. i have no idea who he is.

and i said, "i'm sorry, sir, have we met? i don't remember meeting you."

he said, "well, you wouldn't remember meeting me. i mean, when we met i was delivering you from your mother's womb." (laughter) oh, that guy. and, but of course, actually, it did click.

this man was dr. kean, a man that i had only known about through my mother's stories of that day, because, of course, typical fashion, i arrived late for my birthday by two weeks. and so my mother's prenatal physician had gone on vacation, so the man who delivered me was a complete stranger to my parents. and, because i was born without the fibula bones, and had feet turned in, and a few toes in this foot and a few toes in that, he had to be the bearer -- this stranger had to be the bearer of bad news.

he said to me, "i had to give this prognosis to your parents that you would never walk, and you would never have the kind of mobility that other kids have or any kind of life of independence, and you've been making liar out of me ever since." (laughter) (applause)

the e_traordinary thing is that he said he had saved newspaper clippings throughout my whole childhood, whether winning a second grade spelling bee, marching with the girl scouts, you know, the halloween parade, winning my college scholarship, or any of my sports victories, and he was using it, and integrating it into teaching resident students, med students from hahnemann medical school and hershey medical school. and he called this part of the course the _ factor, the potential of the human will. no prognosis can account for how powerful this could be as a determinant in the quality of someone's life. and dr. kean went on to tell me, he said, "in my e_perience, unless repeatedly told otherwise, and even if given a modicum of support, if left to their own devices, a child will achieve."

see, dr. kean made that shift in thinking. he understood that there's a difference between the medical condition and what someone might do with it. and there's been a shift in my thinking over time, in that, if you had asked me at 15 years old, if i would have traded prosthetics for flesh-and-bone legs, i wouldn't have hesitated for a second. i aspired to that kind of normalcy back then. but if you ask me today, i'm not so sure. and it's because of the e_periences i've had with them, not in spite of the e_periences i've had with them. and perhaps this shift in me has happened because i've been e_posed to more people who have opened doors for me than those who have put lids and cast shadows on me.

see, all you really need is one person to show you the epiphany of your own power, and you're off. if you can hand somebody the key to their own power -- the human spirit is so receptive -- if you can do that and open a door for someone at a crucial moment, you are educating them in the best sense. you're teaching them to open doors for themselves. in fact, the e_act meaning of the word "educate" comes from the root word "educe." it means "to bring forth what is within, to bring out potential." so again, which potential do we want to bring out?

there was a case study done in 1960s britain, when they were moving from grammar schools to comprehensive schools. it's called the streaming trials. we call it "tracking" here in the states. it's separating students from a, b, c, d and so on. and the "a students" get the tougher curriculum, the best teachers, etc. well, they took, over a three-month period, d-level students, gave them a's, told them they were "a's," told them they were bright, and at the end of this three-month period, they were performing at a-level.

and, of course, the heartbreaking, flip side of this study, is that they took the "a students" and told them they were "d's." and that's what happened at the end of that three-month period. those who were still around in school, besides the people who had dropped out. a crucial part of this case study was that the teachers were duped too. the teachers didn't know a switch had been made. they were simply told, "these are the 'a-students,' these are the 'd-students.'" and that's how they went about teaching them and treating them.

so, i think that the only true disability is a crushed spirit, a spirit that's been crushed doesn't have hope, it doesn't see beauty, it no longer has our natural, childlike curiosity and our innate ability to imagine. if instead, we can bolster a human spirit to keep hope, to see beauty in themselves and others, to be curious and imaginative, then we are truly using our power well. when a spirit has those qualities, we are able to create new realities and new ways of being.

i'd like to leave you with a poem by a fourteenth-century persian poet named hafiz that my friend, jacques dembois told me about, and the poem is called "the god who only knows four words": "every child has known god, not the god of names, not the god of don'ts, but the god who only knows four words and keeps repeating them, saying, 'come dance with me. come, dance with me. come, dance with me.'"

thank you. (applause)

读书破万卷下笔如有神,以上就是差异网为大家带来的5篇《ted演讲文稿》,能够帮助到您,是差异网最开心的事情。

ted演讲稿2

when i was nine years old i went off to summer camp for the first time. andmy mother packed me a suitcase full of books, which to me seemed like aperfectly natural thing to do. because in my family, reading was the primarygroup activity. and this might sound antisocial to you, but for us it was reallyjust a different way of being social. you have the animal warmth of your familysitting right ne_t to you, but you are also free to go roaming around theadventureland inside your own mind. and i had this idea that camp was going tobe just like this, but better. (laughter) i had a vision of 10 girls sitting ina cabin cozily reading books in their matching nightgowns.

(laughter)

camp was more like a keg party without any alcohol. and on the very firstday our counselor gathered us all together and she taught us a cheer that shesaid we would be doing every day for the rest of the summer to instill campspirit. and it went like this: "r-o-w-d-i-e, that's the way we spell , rowdie, let's get rowdie." yeah. so i couldn't figure out for the lifeof me why we were supposed to be so rowdy, or why we had to spell this wordincorrectly. (laughter) but i recited a cheer. i recited a cheer along witheverybody else. i did my best. and i just waited for the time that i could gooff and read my books.

but the first time that i took my book out of my suitcase, the coolest girlin the bunk came up to me and she asked me, "why are you being so mellow?" --mellow, of course, being the e_act opposite of r-o-w-d-i-e. and then the secondtime i tried it, the counselor came up to me with a concerned e_pression on herface and she repeated the point about camp spirit and said we should all workvery hard to be outgoing.

and so i put my books away, back in their suitcase, and i put them under mybed, and there they stayed for the rest of the summer. and i felt kind of guiltyabout this. i felt as if the books needed me somehow, and they were calling outto me and i was forsaking them. but i did forsake them and i didn't open thatsuitcase again until i was back home with my family at the end of thesummer.

now, i tell you this story about summer camp. i could have told you 50others just like it -- all the times that i got the message that somehow myquiet and introverted style of being was not necessarily the right way to go,that i should be trying to pass as more of an e_trovert. and i always senseddeep down that this was wrong and that introverts were pretty e_cellent just asthey were. but for years i denied this intuition, and so i became a wall streetlawyer, of all things, instead of the writer that i had always longed to be --partly because i needed to prove to myself that i could be bold and assertivetoo. and i was always going off to crowded bars when i really would havepreferred to just have a nice dinner with friends. and i made theseself-negating choices so refle_ively, that i wasn't even aware that i was makingthem.

now this is what many introverts do, and it's our loss for sure, but it isalso our colleagues' loss and our communities' loss. and at the risk of soundinggrandiose, it is the world's loss. because when it comes to creativity and toleadership, we need introverts doing what they do best. a third to a half of thepopulation are introverts -- a third to a half. so that's one out of every twoor three people you know. so even if you're an e_trovert yourself, i'm talkingabout your coworkers and your spouses and your children and the person sittingne_t to you right now -- all of them subject to this bias that is pretty deepand real in our society. we all internalize it from a very early age withouteven having a language for what we're doing.

now to see the bias clearly you need to understand what introversion 's different from being shy. shyness is about fear of social is more about, how do you respond to stimulation, including socialstimulation. so e_troverts really crave large amounts of stimulation, whereasintroverts feel at their most alive and their most switched-on and their mostcapable when they're in quieter, more low-key environments. not all the time --these things aren't absolute -- but a lot of the time. so the key then toma_imizing our talents is for us all to put ourselves in the zone of stimulationthat is right for us.

but now here's where the bias comes in. our most important institutions,our schools and our workplaces, they are designed mostly for e_troverts and fore_troverts' need for lots of stimulation. and also we have this belief systemright now that i call the new groupthink, which holds that all creativity andall productivity comes from a very oddly gregarious place.

so if you picture the typical classroom nowadays: when i was going toschool, we sat in rows. we sat in rows of desks like this, and we did most ofour work pretty autonomously. but nowadays, your typical classroom has pods ofdesks -- four or five or si_ or seven kids all facing each other. and kids areworking in countless group assignments. even in subjects like math and creativewriting, which you think would depend on solo flights of thought, kids are nowe_pected to act as committee members. and for the kids who prefer to go off bythemselves or just to work alone, those kids are seen as outliers often or,worse, as problem cases. and the vast majority of teachers reports believingthat the ideal student is an e_trovert as opposed to an introvert, even thoughintroverts actually get better grades and are more knowledgeable, according toresearch. (laughter)

okay, same thing is true in our workplaces. now, most of us work in openplan offices, without walls, where we are subject to the constant noise and gazeof our coworkers. and when it comes to leadership, introverts are routinelypassed over for leadership positions, even though introverts tend to be verycareful, much less likely to take outsize risks -- which is something we mightall favor nowadays. and interesting research by adam grant at the wharton schoolhas found that introverted leaders often deliver better outcomes than e_trovertsdo, because when they are managing proactive employees, they're much more likelyto let those employees run with their ideas, whereas an e_trovert can, quiteunwittingly, get so e_cited about things that they're putting their own stamp onthings, and other people's ideas might not as easily then bubble up to thesurface.

now in fact, some of our transformative leaders in history have beenintroverts. i'll give you some e_amples. eleanor roosevelt, rosa parks, gandhi-- all these peopled described themselves as quiet and soft-spoken and even they all took the spotlight, even though every bone in their bodies wastelling them not to. and this turns out to have a special power all its own,because people could feel that these leaders were at the helm, not because theyenjoyed directing others and not out of the pleasure of being looked at; theywere there because they had no choice, because they were driven to do what theythought was right.

now i think at this point it's important for me to say that i actually lovee_troverts. i always like to say some of my best friends are e_troverts,including my beloved husband. and we all fall at different points, of course,along the introvert/e_trovert spectrum. even carl jung, the psychologist whofirst popularized these terms, said that there's no such thing as a pureintrovert or a pure e_trovert. he said that such a man would be in a lunaticasylum, if he e_isted at all. and some people fall smack in the middle of theintrovert/e_trovert spectrum, and we call these people ambiverts. and i oftenthink that they have the best of all worlds. but many of us do recognizeourselves as one type or the other.

and what i'm saying is that culturally we need a much better balance. weneed more of a yin and yang between these two types. this is especiallyimportant when it comes to creativity and to productivity, because whenpsychologists look at the lives of the most creative people, what they find arepeople who are very good at e_changing ideas and advancing ideas, but who alsohave a serious streak of introversion in them.

and this is because solitude is a crucial ingredient often to darwin, he took long walks alone in the woods and emphatically turned downdinner party invitations. theodor geisel, better known as dr. seuss, he dreamedup many of his amazing creations in a lonely bell tower office that he had inthe back of his house in la jolla, california. and he was actually afraid tomeet the young children who read his books for fear that they were e_pecting himthis kind of jolly santa claus-like figure and would be disappointed with hismore reserved persona. steve wozniak invented the first apple computer sittingalone in his cubical in hewlett-packard where he was working at the time. and hesays that he never would have become such an e_pert in the first place had henot been too introverted to leave the house when he was growing up.

now of course, this does not mean that we should all stop collaborating --and case in point, is steve wozniak famously coming together with steve jobs tostart apple computer -- but it does mean that solitude matters and that for somepeople it is the air that they breathe. and in fact, we have known for centuriesabout the transcendent power of solitude. it's only recently that we'vestrangely begun to forget it. if you look at most of the world's majorreligions, you will find seekers -- moses, jesus, buddha, muhammad -- seekerswho are going off by themselves alone to the wilderness where they then haveprofound epiphanies and revelations that they then bring back to the rest of thecommunity. so no wilderness, no revelations.

this is no surprise though if you look at the insights of contemporarypsychology. it turns out that we can't even be in a group of people withoutinstinctively mirroring, mimicking their opinions. even about seemingly personaland visceral things like who you're attracted to, you will start aping thebeliefs of the people around you without even realizing that that's what you'redoing.

and groups famously follow the opinions of the most dominant or charismaticperson in the room, even though there's zero correlation between being the besttalker and having the best ideas -- i mean zero. so ... (laughter) you might befollowing the person with the best ideas, but you might not. and do you reallywant to leave it up to chance? much better for everybody to go off bythemselves, generate their own ideas freed from the distortions of groupdynamics, and then come together as a team to talk them through in awell-managed environment and take it from there.

now if all this is true, then why are we getting it so wrong? why are wesetting up our schools this way and our workplaces? and why are we making theseintroverts feel so guilty about wanting to just go off by themselves some of thetime? one answer lies deep in our cultural history. western societies, and inparticular the , have always favored the man of action over the man ofcontemplation and "man" of contemplation. but in america's early days, we livedin what historians call a culture of character, where we still, at that point,valued people for their inner selves and their moral rectitude. and if you lookat the self-help books from this era, they all had titles with things like"character, the grandest thing in the world." and they featured role models likeabraham lincoln who was praised for being modest and unassuming. ralph waldoemerson called him "a man who does not offend by superiority."

but then we hit the 20th century and we entered a new culture thathistorians call the culture of personality. what happened is we had evolved anagricultural economy to a world of big business. and so suddenly people aremoving from small towns to the cities. and instead of working alongside peoplethey've known all their lives, now they are having to prove themselves in acrowd of strangers. so, quite understandably, qualities like magnetism andcharisma suddenly come to seem really important. and sure enough, the self-helpbooks change to meet these new needs and they start to have names like "how towin friends and influence people." and they feature as their role models reallygreat salesmen. so that's the world we're living in today. that's our culturalinheritance.

now none of this is to say that social skills are unimportant, and i'm alsonot calling for the abolishing of teamwork at all. the same religions who sendtheir sages off to lonely mountain tops also teach us love and trust. and theproblems that we are facing today in fields like science and in economics are sovast and so comple_ that we are going to need armies of people coming togetherto solve them working together. but i am saying that the more freedom that wegive introverts to be themselves, the more likely that they are to come up withtheir own unique solutions to these problems.

so now i'd like to share with you what's in my suitcase today. guess what?books. i have a suitcase full of books. here's margaret atwood, "cat's eye."here's a novel by milan kundera. and here's "the guide for the perple_ed" bymaimonides. but these are not e_actly my books. i brought these books with mebecause they were written by my grandfather's favorite authors.

my grandfather was a rabbi and he was a widower who lived alone in a smallapartment in brooklyn that was my favorite place in the world when i was growingup, partly because it was filled with his very gentle, very courtly presence andpartly because it was filled with books. i mean literally every table, everychair in this apartment had yielded its original function to now serve as asurface for swaying stacks of books. just like the rest of my family, mygrandfather's favorite thing to do in the whole world was to read.

but he also loved his congregation, and you could feel this love in thesermons that he gave every week for the 62 years that he was a rabbi. he wouldtakes the fruits of each week's reading and he would weave these intricatetapestries of ancient and humanist thought. and people would come from all overto hear him speak.

but here's the thing about my grandfather. underneath this ceremonial role,he was really modest and really introverted -- so much so that when he deliveredthese sermons, he had trouble making eye contact with the very same congregationthat he had been speaking to for 62 years. and even away from the podium, whenyou called him to say hello, he would often end the conversation prematurely forfear that he was taking up too much of your time. but when he died at the age of94, the police had to close down the streets of his neighborhood to accommodatethe crowd of people who came out to mourn him. and so these days i try to learnfrom my grandfather's e_ample in my own way.

so i just published a book about introversion, and it took me about sevenyears to write. and for me, that seven years was like total bliss, because i wasreading, i was writing, i was thinking, i was researching. it was my version ofmy grandfather's hours of the day alone in his library. but now all of a suddenmy job is very different, and my job is to be out here talking about it, talkingabout introversion. (laughter) and that's a lot harder for me, because ashonored as i am to be here with all of you right now, this is not my naturalmilieu.

so i prepared for moments like these as best i could. i spent the last yearpracticing public speaking every chance i could get. and i call this my "year ofspeaking dangerously." (laughter) and that actually helped a lot. but i'll tellyou, what helps even more is my sense, my belief, my hope that when it comes toour attitudes to introversion and to quiet and to solitude, we truly are poisedon the brink on dramatic change. i mean, we are. and so i am going to leave younow with three calls for action for those who share this vision.

number one: stop the madness for constant group work. just stop it.(laughter) thank you. (applause) and i want to be clear about what i'm saying,because i deeply believe our offices should be encouraging casual, chattycafe-style types of interactions -- you know, the kind where people cometogether and serendipitously have an e_change of ideas. that is great. it'sgreat for introverts and it's great for e_troverts. but we need much moreprivacy and much more freedom and much more autonomy at work. school, samething. we need to be teaching kids to work together, for sure, but we also needto be teaching them how to work on their own. this is especially important fore_troverted children too. they need to work on their own because that is wheredeep thought comes from in part.

okay, number two: go to the wilderness. be like buddha, have your ownrevelations. i'm not saying that we all have to now go off and build our owncabins in the woods and never talk to each other again, but i am saying that wecould all stand to unplug and get inside our own heads a little more often.

number three: take a good look at what's inside your own suitcase and whyyou put it there. so e_troverts, maybe your suitcases are also full of books. ormaybe they're full of champagne glasses or skydiving equipment. whatever it is,i hope you take these things out every chance you get and grace us with yourenergy and your joy. but introverts, you being you, you probably have theimpulse to guard very carefully what's inside your own suitcase. and that'sokay. but occasionally, just occasionally, i hope you will open up yoursuitcases for other people to see, because the world needs you and it needs thethings you carry.

so i wish you the best of all possible journeys and the courage to speaksoftly.

thank you very much.

(applause)

thank you. thank you.

ted演讲稿3

拥抱他人,拥抱自己

embracing otherness. when i first heard this theme, i thought, well,embracing otherness is embracing myself. and the journey to that place ofunderstanding and acceptance has been an interesting one for me, and it's givenme an insight into the whole notion of self, which i think is worth sharing withyou today.

拥抱他类。当我第一次听说这个主题时,我心想,拥抱他类不就是拥抱自己吗。我个人懂得理解和接受他类的经历很有趣,让我对于“自己”这个词也有了新的认识,我想今天在这里和你们分享下我的心得体会。

we each have a self, but i don't think that we're born with one. you knowhow newborn babies believe they're part of everything; they're not separate?well that fundamental sense of oneness is lost on us very quickly. it's likethat initial stage is over -- oneness: infancy, unformed, primitive. it's nolonger valid or real. what is real is separateness, and at some point in earlybabyhood, the idea of self starts to form. our little portion of oneness isgiven a name, is told all kinds of things about itself, and these details,opinions and ideas become facts, which go towards building ourselves, ouridentity. and that self becomes the vehicle for navigating our social world. butthe self is a projection based on other people's projections. is it who wereally are? or who we really want to be, or should be?

我们每个人都有个自我,但并不是生来就如此的。你知道新生的宝宝们觉得他们是任何东西的一部分,而不是分裂的个体。这种本源上的“天人合一”感在我们出生后很快就不见了,就好像我们人生的第一个篇章--和谐统一:婴儿,未成形,原始--结束了。它们似幻似影,而现实的世界是孤独彼此分离的。而在孩童期的某段时间,我们开始形成自我这个观点。宇宙中的小小个体有了自己的名字,有了自己的过去等等各种信息。这些关于自己的细节,看法和观点慢慢变成事实,成为我们身份的一部分。而那个自我,也变成我们人生路上前行的导航仪。然后,这个所谓的自我,是他人自我的映射,还是我们真实的自己呢?我们究竟想成为什么样,应该成为什么样的呢?

so this whole interaction with self and identity was a very difficult onefor me growing up. the self that i attempted to take out into the world wasrejected over and over again. and my panic at not having a self that fit, andthe confusion that came from my self being rejected, created an_iety, shame andhopelessness, which kind of defined me for a long time. but in retrospect, thedestruction of my self was so repetitive that i started to see a pattern. theself changed, got affected, broken, destroyed, but another one would evolve --sometimes stronger, sometimes hateful, sometimes not wanting to be there at self was not constant. and how many times would my self have to die before irealized that it was never alive in the first place?

这个和自我打交道,寻找自己身份的过程在我的成长记忆中一点都不容易。我想成为的那些“自我”不断被否定再否定,而我害怕自己无法融入周遭的环境,因被否定而引起的困惑让我变得更加忧虑,感到羞耻和无望,在很长一段时间就是我存在状态。然而回头看,对自我的解构是那么频繁,以至于我发现了这样一种规律。自我是变化的,受他人影响,分裂或被打败,而另一个自我会产生,这个自我可能更坚强,可能更可憎,有时你也不想变成那样。所谓自我不是固定不变的。而我需要经历多少次自我的破碎重生才会明白其实自我从来没有存在过?

i grew up on the coast of england in the '70s. my dad is white fromcornwall, and my mom is black from zimbabwe. even the idea of us as a family waschallenging to most people. but nature had its wicked way, and brown babies wereborn. but from about the age of five, i was aware that i didn't fit. i was theblack atheist kid in the all-white catholic school run by nuns. i was ananomaly, and my self was rooting around for definition and trying to plug the self likes to fit, to see itself replicated, to belong. thatconfirms its e_istence and its importance. and it is important. it has ane_tremely important function. without it, we literally can't interface withothers. we can't hatch plans and climb that stairway of popularity, of my skin color wasn't right. my hair wasn't right. my history wasn't self became defined by otherness, which meant that, in that social world, ididn't really e_ist. and i was "other" before being anything else -- even beforebeing a girl. i was a noticeable nobody.

我在70年代英格兰海边长大,我的父亲是康沃尔的白人,母亲是津巴布韦的黑人。而想象我和父母是一家人对于其他人来说总是不太自然。自然有它自己的魔术,棕色皮肤的宝宝诞生了。但从我五岁开始,我就有种感觉我不是这个群体的。我是一个全白人天主教会学校里面黑皮肤无神论小孩。我与他人是不同的,而那个热衷于归属的自我却到处寻找方式寻找归属感。这种认同感让自我感受到存在感和重要性,因此十分重要。这点是如此重要,如果没有自我,我们根本无法与他人沟通。没有它,我们无所适从,无法获取成功或变得受人欢迎。但我的肤色不对,我的头发不对,我的过去不对,我的一切都是另类定义的,在这个社会里,我其实并不真实存在。我首先是个异类,其次才是个女孩。我是可见却毫无意义的人。

another world was opening up around this time: performance and nagging dread of self-hood didn't e_ist when i was dancing. i'd literallylose myself. and i was a really good dancer. i would put all my emotionale_pression into my dancing. i could be in the movement in a way that i wasn'table to be in my real life, in myself.

这时候,另一个世界向我敞开了大门:舞蹈表演。那种关于自我的唠叨恐惧在舞蹈时消失了,我放开四肢,也成为了一位不错的舞者。我将所有的情绪都融入到舞蹈的动作中去,我可以在舞蹈中与自己相溶,尽管在现实生活中却无法做到。

and at 16, i stumbled across another opportunity, and i earned my firstacting role in a film. i can hardly find the words to describe the peace i feltwhen i was acting. my dysfunctional self could actually plug in to another self,not my own, and it felt so good. it was the first time that i e_isted inside afully-functioning self -- one that i controlled, that i steered, that i gavelife to. but the shooting day would end, and i'd return to my gnarly, awkwardself.

16岁的时候,我遇到了另一个机会,第一部参演的电影。我无法用语言来表达在演戏的时候我所感受到的平和,我无处着落的自我可以与那个角色融为一体,而不是我自己。那感觉真棒。这是第一次我感觉到我拥有一个自我,我可以驾驭,令其富有盛名的自我。然而当拍摄结束,我又会回到自己粗糙不明,笨拙的自我。

by 19, i was a fully-fledged movie actor, but still searching fordefinition. i applied to read anthropology at university. dr. phyllis lee gaveme my interview, and she asked me, "how would you define race?" well, i thoughti had the answer to that one, and i said, "skin color." "so biology, genetics?"she said. "because, thandie, that's not accurate. because there's actually moregenetic difference between a black kenyan and a black ugandan than there isbetween a black kenyan and, say, a white norwegian. because we all stem fromafrica. so in africa, there's been more time to create genetic diversity." inother words, race has no basis in biological or scientific fact. on the onehand, result. right? on the other hand, my definition of self just lost a hugechunk of its credibility. but what was credible, what is biological andscientific fact, is that we all stem from africa -- in fact, from a woman calledmitochondrial eve who lived 160,000 years ago. and race is an illegitimateconcept which our selves have created based on fear and ignorance.

19岁的时候,我已经是富有经验的专业电影演员,而我还是在寻找自我的定义。我申请了大学的人类学专业。phyllislee博士面试了我,她问我:“你怎么定义种族?”我觉得我很了解这个话题,我说:“肤色。”“那么生物上来说呢,例如遗传基因?”她说,“thandie肤色并不全面,其实一个肯尼亚黑人和乌干达黑人之间基因差异比一个肯尼亚黑人和挪威白人之间差异要更多。因为我们都是从非洲来的,所以在非洲,基因变异演化的时间是最久的。”换句话说,种族在生物学或任何科学上都没有事实根据。另一方面,我对于自我的定义瞬时失去了一大片基础。但那就是生物学事实,我们都是非洲后裔,一位在160 0__年前的伟大女性mitochondrialeve的后人。而种族这个无效的概念是我们基于恐惧和无知自己捏造出来的。

strangely, these revelations didn't cure my low self-esteem, that feelingof otherness. my desire to disappear was still very powerful. i had a degreefrom cambridge; i had a thriving career, but my self was a car crash, and iwound up with bulimia and on a therapist's couch. and of course i did. i stillbelieved my self was all i was. i still valued self-worth above all other worth,and what was there to suggest otherwise? we've created entire value systems anda physical reality to support the worth of self. look at the industry forself-image and the jobs it creates, the revenue it turns over. we'd be right inassuming that the self is an actual living thing. but it's not. it's aprojection which our clever brains create in order to cheat ourselves from thereality of death.

奇怪的是,这个发现并没有治好我的自卑,那种被排挤的感觉。我还是那么强烈地想要离开消失。我从剑桥拿到了学位,我有份充满发展的工作,然而我的自我还是一团糟,我得了催吐病不得不接受治疗师的帮助。我还是相信自我是我的全部。我还是坚信“自我”的价值甚过一切。而且我们身处的世界就是如此,我们的整个价值系统和现实环境都是在服务“自我”的价值。看看不同行业里面对于自我的塑造,看看它们创造的那些工作,产出的那些利润。我们甚至必须相信自我是真实存在的。但它们不是,自我不过是我们聪明的脑袋假想出来骗自己不去思考死亡这个话题的幌子。

but there is something that can give the self ultimate and infiniteconnection -- and that thing is oneness, our essence. the self's struggle forauthenticity and definition will never end unless it's connected to its creator-- to you and to me. and that can happen with awareness -- awareness of thereality of oneness and the projection of self-hood. for a start, we can thinkabout all the times when we do lose ourselves. it happens when i dance, when i'macting. i'm earthed in my essence, and my self is suspended. in those moments,i'm connected to everything -- the ground, the air, the sounds, the energy fromthe audience. all my senses are alert and alive in much the same way as aninfant might feel -- that feeling of oneness.

但其实我们的终极自我其实是我们的本源,合一。挣扎自我是否真实,究竟是什么永远没有终结,除非它和赋予它意义的创造者合一,就是你和我。而这点当我们意识到现实是你中有我,我中有你,和谐统一,而自我是种假象时就会体会到了。我们可以想想,什么时候我们是身心统一的,例如说我跳舞,表演的时候,我和我的本源连结,而我的自我被抛在一边。那时,我和身边的一切--空气,大地,声音,观众的反馈都连结在一起。我的知觉是敏锐和鲜活的,就像初生的婴儿那样,合一。

and when i'm acting a role, i inhabit another self, and i give it life forawhile, because when the self is suspended so is divisiveness and judgment. andi've played everything from a vengeful ghost in the time of slavery to secretaryof state in __. and no matter how other these selves might be, they're allrelated in me. and i honestly believe the key to my success as an actor and myprogress as a person has been the very lack of self that used to make me feel soan_ious and insecure. i always wondered why i could feel others' pain so deeply,why i could recognize the somebody in the nobody. it's because i didn't have aself to get in the way. i thought i lacked substance, and the fact that i couldfeel others' meant that i had nothing of myself to feel. the thing that was asource of shame was actually a source of enlightenment.

当我在演戏的时候,我让另一个自我住在我体内,我代表它行动。当我的自我被抛开,紧随的分歧和主观判断也消失了。我曾经扮演过奴隶时代的复仇鬼魂,也扮演过__年的国务卿。不管他们这些自我是怎样的,他们都在那时与我相连。而我也深信作为演员,我的成功,或是作为个体,我的成长都是源于我缺乏“自我”,那种缺乏曾经让我非常忧虑和不安。我总是不明白为什么我会那么深地感受到他人的痛苦,为什么我可以从不知名的人身上看出他人的印痕。是因为我没有所谓的自我来左右我感受的信息吧。我以为我缺少些什么,我以为我对他人的理解是因为我缺乏自我。那个曾经是我深感羞耻的东西其实是种启示。

and when i realized and really understood that my self is a projection andthat it has a function, a funny thing happened. i stopped giving it so muchauthority. i give it its due. i take it to therapy. i've become very familiarwith its dysfunctional behavior. but i'm not ashamed of my self. in fact, irespect my self and its function. and over time and with practice, i've tried tolive more and more from my essence. and if you can do that, incredible thingshappen.

当我真的理解我的自我不过是种映射,是种工具,一件奇怪的事情发生了。我不再让它过多控制我的生活。我学习管理它,像把它带去看医生一样,我很熟悉那些因自我而失调的举动。我不因自我而羞耻,事实上,我很尊敬我的自我和它的功能。而随着时间过去,我的技术也更加熟练,我可以更多的和我的本源共存。如果你愿意尝试,不可以思议的事情也会发生在你身上。

i was in congo in february, dancing and celebrating with women who'vesurvived the destruction of their selves in literally unthinkable ways --destroyed because other brutalized, psychopathic selves all over that beautifulland are fueling our selves' addiction to ipods, pads, and bling, which furtherdisconnect ourselves from ever feeling their pain, their suffering, their , hey, if we're all living in ourselves and mistaking it for life, thenwe're devaluing and desensitizing life. and in that disconnected state, yeah, wecan build factory farms with no windows, destroy marine life and use rape as aweapon of war. so here's a note to self: the cracks have started to show in ourconstructed world, and oceans will continue to surge through the cracks, and oiland blood, rivers of it.

今年二月,我在刚果和一群女性一起跳舞和庆祝,她们都是经历过各种无法想象事情“自我”遍体鳞伤的人们,那些备受摧残,心理变态的自我充斥在这片美丽的土地,而我们仍痴迷地追逐着ipod,pad等各种闪亮的东西,将我们与他们的痛苦,死亡隔得更远。如果我们各自生活在自我中,并无以为这就是生活,那么我们是在贬低和远离生命的意义。在这种脱节的状态中,我们是可以建设没有窗户的工厂,破坏海洋生态,将__作为战争的工具。为我们的自我做个解释:这是看似完善的世界里的裂痕,海洋,河流,石油和鲜血正不断地从缝中涌出。

crucially, we haven't been figuring out how to live in oneness with theearth and every other living thing. we've just been insanely trying to figureout how to live with each other -- billions of each other. only we're not livingwith each other; our crazy selves are living with each other and perpetuating anepidemic of disconnection.

关键的是,我们还没有明白如何和自然以及其他所有生物和谐地共处。我们只是疯狂地想和其他人沟通,几十亿其他人。只有当我们不在和世界合一的时候,我们疯狂的自我却互相怜惜,并永远继续这场相互隔绝的疫症。

let's live with each other and take it a breath at a time. if we can getunder that heavy self, light a torch of awareness, and find our essence, ourconnection to the infinite and every other living thing. we knew it from the daywe were born. let's not be freaked out by our bountiful nothingness. it's more areality than the ones our selves have created. imagine what kind of e_istence wecan have if we honor inevitable death of self, appreciate the privilege of lifeand marvel at what comes ne_t. simple awareness is where it begins.

让我们共生共荣,并不要太过激进着急。试着放下沉重的自我,点亮知觉的火把,寻找我们的本源,我们与万事万物之间的联系。我们初生时就懂得这个道理的。不要被我们内心丰富的空白吓到,这比我们虚构的自我要真实。想象如果你能接受自我并不存在,你想要如何生活,感恩生命的可贵和未来的惊奇。简单的觉醒就是开始。

thank you for listening.

(applause) 谢谢。

ted演讲稿4

I grew up diagnosed as phobically shy,

我从小就有社交恐惧症

and like at least 20 other people in a room of this size,

这样的空间 大约20人

I was a stutterer.

就能让以前的我结巴语塞

Do you dare raise your hand?

更别提举手了 根本不可能

And it sticks with us.

这种困扰如影随形

It really does stick with us,

你走到哪 它就跟到哪

because when we are treated that way,

当大家对你的存在视若无睹

we feel invisible sometimes,

你会开始感觉自己是隐形人

or talked around and at.

而别人都在你背后窃窃私语

And as I started to look at people,

后来我仔细去观察周遭的人

which is mostly all I did,

一直以来我都只敢默默观察

I noticed that some people really wanted attention

然后发现有些人无法忍受被忽视

and recognition.

他们要得到大家的注意力和认同

Remember, I was young then.

当时我年轻、懵懂

So what did they do? What we still do perhaps too often?

渴望注意力的人会做什么? 也许现在太多人在做一样的事而不自知

We talk about ourselves.

他们谈论的常常都是自己

And yet there are other people I observed who had what I called a mutualitymindset.

但另一批人就不同了 我说他们的人际关系 往往有一种“互相”的心态

In each situation, they found a way to talk about us and create that “us”idea.

无论什么场合 他们的谈话里都会出现“我们”这个概念

So my idea to reimagine the world is to see it one where we all becomegreater opportunity-makers with and for others.

在我心目中的理想世界 每个人都能为自己和别人创造机会

There’s no greater opportunity or call for action for us now

就是现在 我们必须把握良机、采取行动

than to become opportunity-makers who use best talents together more oftenfor the greater good

多去整合各种才能 尽可能的利益他人

and accomplish things we couldn’t have done on our own.

一人做不到的 多人或许有办法

And I want to talk to you about that,

这就是我今天的重点

cause even more than giving,

比单纯给予

even more than giving,

施舍、捐赠更有影响力的

is the capacity for us to do something smarter together

就是人们学会集思广益

for the greater good that lifts us both up

共同合作 创造双赢局面

and that can scale.

其中的利益会一层层积累

That’s why I’m sitting here.

这是我今天演讲的重点

But I also want to point something else out.

不过我还想说一件事

Each one of you is better than anybody else at something.

台下的你必定在某些事上比其他人都拿手

That disproves that popular notion that if you’re the smartest person inthe room,

和那句名言“你绝不是这里最厉害的人”

you’re in the wrong room.

恰恰相反

So let me tell you about a Hollywood party I went to a couple yearsback,

我在几年前的一个好莱坞聚会上

and I met this up-and-coming actress,

遇见了位有潜力的女演员

and we were soon talking about something that we both felt passionatelyabout,

我们很快就找到共同话题-

public art.

公共艺术

And she had the fervent belief that every new building in Los Angeles

她坚信洛杉矶的每栋建筑里

should have public art in it. She wanted a regulation for it,

都应该有公共艺术 她想要一套专属公共艺术的规范

and she fervently started,

所以她兴忡忡的着手进行

What is here from Chicago?

这里有谁是芝加哥人吗?

She fervently started talking about these bean-shaped reflective sculpturesin Millennium Park,

她滔滔不绝的说着千禧公园里的云门雕塑

and people would walk up to it

人们好奇的上前一探究竟

and they’d smile in the reflection of it,

看着自己的映像微笑

and they’d pose and they’d vamp and they’d take selfies together

摆pose、赞叹、自拍留念

and they’d laugh.

然后笑成一团

And as she was talking, a thought came to my mind.

听着听着 我突然灵光乍现

I said, “I know someone you ought to meet.

我告诉她: “妳应该见见这个人

He’s getting out of San Quentin in a couple of weeks

再几周他就要从圣昆丁州立监狱出来了

and he shares your fervent desire that art should engage and enable peopleto connect.”

他跟妳一样 觉得艺术应该让人有共鸣、激发想像力”

He spent five years in solitary,

他被单独监禁了五年

and I met him because I gave a speech at San Quentin,

我因为在圣昆丁演讲 而与他结识

and he’s articulate

他口条不错

and he’s rather easy on the eyes

长的也不赖

because he’s buff. He had workout regime he did everyday.

因为他是条热爱健身的汉子

I think she was following me at that point.

女演员大概还满有兴趣的

I said, “he’d be an une_pected ally.”

我又说: “他会是个得力助手”

And not just that. There’s James. He’s an architect

除了他之外 我把詹姆也拉进来 詹姆是建筑师

and he’s a professor,

也是个教授

and he loves place-making, and place-making is when you have thosemini-plazas

他对地方营造很有兴趣 外头的小广场、

and those urban walkways

城市人行道

and where they’re dotted with art,

任何有艺术点缀的地方 都属于地方营造的范畴

where people draw and come up and talk sometimes.

许多人会在那儿画画、闲聊

I think they’d make good allies.

我想他们一定能合作无间

And indeed they were.

果真没错

They met together. They prepared.

他们碰面之后 就开始筹备

They spoke in front of the Lost Angeles City Council.

到洛杉矶市政府传达诉求

And the council members not only passed the regulation,

结果市议员通过了他们订的条例

half of them came down and asked to pose with them afterwards.

之后甚至半数议员还去与艺术品合影

They were startling, compelling and credible.

他们给人的印象是震慑、具说服力、可靠

You can’t buy that.

全都是用钱买不到的

What I’m asking you to consider is what kind of opportunity-makers we mightbecome,

希望各位想想自己能成为哪种机会制造者

because more than wealth

比财富、

or fancy titles

头衔、

or a lot of contacts,

人脉更可观的

it’s our capacity to connect around each other’s better side and bring itout.

是我们发掘他人优点的能力

And I’m not saying this is easy,

这一点都不容易

and I’m sure many of you have made the wrong moves too about who you wantedto connect with,

相信许多人都有找错对象、牵错线的经验

but what I want to suggest is, this is an opportunity.

但毕竟都是个“机会”

I started thinking about it way back when I was a Wall Street Journalreporter and I was in Europe

这个领悟要从好几年前说起 当时我在欧洲 担任华尔街日报记者

and I was supposed to cover trends and trends that transcended business orpolitics or lifestyle.

采访内容为时尚与流行 跨越商业、政治、生活型态隔阂的流行

So I had to have contacts in different worlds very different than mine,

因此得和背景截然不同的人打交道

because otherwise you couldn’t spot the trends.

否则就无法掌握潮流走向

And third, I had to write a story in a way stepping into the reader’sshoes,

写故事时 还得设身处地为读者想

they could see how these trends could affect their lives.

要让他们觉得自己和这些潮流息息相关

That’s what opportunity-makers do.

这就是机会制造者的任务

And here’s a strange thing:

奇怪之处在于

Unlike an increasing number of Americans who are working and living andplaying with people who think e_actly like them

越来越多人工作、生活、娱乐都喜欢寻找与自己相似的人

because we then become more rigid and e_treme,

久而久之就变得挑剔、极端起来

opportunity-makers are actively seeking situations with people unlikethem,

机会制造者寻找与自己不相似的人

and they’re building relationships,

和他们建立关系

and because they do that,

这样做的话

they have trusted relationships where they can bring the right team in

两方之间就有互信 能在适当的时机介绍彼此适当的人

and recruit them to solve a problem better and faster and seize moreopportunities.

用更快、更好的方法解决问题 同时也抓住了更多机会

They’re not affronted by differences.

机会创造者不会被歧异冒犯

They’re fascinated by them,

反而深受吸引

and that is a huge shift in mindset,

这是心态上的极端不同

and once you feel it, you want it to happen a lot more.

你一旦意识到 就会为它的魅力着迷

This world is calling out for us to have a collective mindset,

和别人形成“共同体”才是王道

and I believe in doing that.

我个人深信

It’s especially important now.

携手合作在这世代特别重要

Why is it important now?

为什么呢?

Because things can be devised like drones

机器小帮手

and drugs and data collection,

药物开发、数据收集

and they can be devised by more people.

都可以让更多人参与其中

and cheaper ways for beneficial purposes

用更经济的方式创造收益

and then, as we know from the news every day, they can be used fordangerous ones.

只是水能载舟 亦能复舟 也可能被有心人士利用

It calls on us, each of us, to a higher calling.

这个理念非常需要大家的重视

But here’s the icing on the cake:

成为机会制造者是一箭双雕

It’s not just the first opportunity that you do with somebody else that’sprobably your greatest,

除了获得和更高竿对象合作的机会

as an institution or an individual.

无论对于机构或个人来说

It’s after you’ve had that e_perience and you trust each other.

都是开启了这扇门 建立信任后

It’s the une_pected things that you devise later on you never could havepredicted.

团队合作带来的惊人成果

For e_ample, Marty is the husband of that actress I mentioned,

麦迪是那位女演员的丈夫

and he watched them when they were practicing,

詹姆等三人排练时 他就在旁边看

and he was soon talking to Wally, my friend the e_-con,

并很快和韦利聊开了 就是刚出狱的那位

about that e_ercise regime.

大概在聊健身吧?

And he thought, I have a set of racquetball courts.

麦迪心想: “我有个壁球馆

That guy could teach it. A lot of people who work there are members at mycourts.

韦利可以来当教练 很多教练都是体育馆的会员

They’re frequent travelers.

他们很常来我这边

They could practice in their hotel room, no equipment provided.

旅馆房间里没有设备 也照样能练习”

That’s how Wally got hired.

韦利就这样得到了板球教练的工作

Not only that, years later he was also teaching racquetball.

几年后他也开始教壁球学生

Years after that, he was teaching the racquetball teachers.

再过了几年则是教壁球老师

What I’m suggesting is, when you connect with people

我想说的是 当你把周遭有相同兴趣、

around a shared interest and action,

喜好的人圈在一块

you’re accustomed to serendipitous things happening into the future,

就会逐渐适应随之而来、意想不到的收获

and I think that’s what we’re looking at.

我想这才是至关重要

We open ourselves up to those opportunities,

面对机会 我们敞开心胸

and in this room are key players and technology,

关键推手-这里的你们 再加上科技

key players who are uniquely positioned to do this,

每个人各司其职 有自己的位置

to scale systems and projects together.

提升制度和计划的整体价值

So here’s what I’m calling for you to do. Remember the three traits ofopportunity-makers.

我想拜讬大家的 就是记得机会制造者的三项特质

Opportunity-makers keep honing their top strength

一、机会制造者不断磨练自己专长

and they become pattern seekers.

开拓事物运作的新方式

They get involved in different worlds than their worlds

二、他们乐于接触不同人的世界

so they’re trusted and they can see those patterns,

获取信任 学习各种合作方式

and they communicate to connect around sweet spots of shared interest.

三、他们周旋于各方之间 让参与的人都分一杯羹

So what I’m asking you is, the world is hungry.

我想说的是 人与人之间太缺乏连结

I truly believe, in my firsthand e_perience,

根据亲身经验 我相信

the world is hungry for us to unite together as opportunity-makers

这世界很需要机会制造者

and to emulate those behaviors as so many of you already do, I know thatfirsthand,

可能台下的你已经是其中之一 大家都应该效仿机会制造者

and to reimagine a world where we use our best talents together

重塑我们的世界 融合各领域人才

more often to accomplish greater thing together than we could on ourown.

一人不能做的事 借由合作来完成

Just remember,

请把这句话放在心上

as Dave Liniger once said,

大卫˙林杰说过

“You can’t succeed coming to the potluck with only a fork.”

“只带一只叉子就来百乐餐的人 永远无法成功”(注: 后衍伸为商业成长需要集体合作、贡献)

Thank you very much.

谢谢大家

Thank you.

谢谢。

ted演讲稿5

I was one of the only kids in college who)差异网○( had a reason to go to the _ at the end of the day, and that was mainly because my mother has neverbelieved in email, in Facebook, in te_ting or cell phones in general. And sowhile other kids were BBM-ing their parents, I was literally waiting by themailbo_ to get a letter from home to see how the weekend had gone, which was alittle frustrating when Grandma was in the hospital, but I was just looking forsome sort of scribble, some unkempt cursive from my mother.

And so when I moved to New York City after college and got completelysucker-punched in the face by depression, I did the only thing I could think ofat the time. I wrote those same kinds of letters that my mother had written mefor strangers, and tucked them all throughout the city, dozens and dozens ofthem. I left them everywhere, in cafes and in libraries, at the ,everywhere. I blogged about those letters and the days when they were necessary,and I posed a kind of crazy promise to the Internet: that if you asked me for ahand-written letter, I would write you one, no questions asked. Overnight, myinbo_ morphed into this harbor of heartbreak -- a single mother in Sacramento, agirl being bullied in rural Kansas, all asking me, a 22-year-old girl who barelyeven knew her own coffee order, to write them a love letter and give them areason to wait by the mailbo_.

Well, today I fuel a global organization that is fueled by those trips tothe mailbo_, fueled by the ways in which we can harness social media like neverbefore to write and mail strangers letters when they need them most, but most ofall, fueled by crates of mail like this one, my trusty mail crate, filled withthe scriptings of ordinary people, strangers writing letters to other strangersnot because they're ever going to meet and laugh over a cup of coffee, butbecause they have found one another by way of letter-writing.

But, you know, the thing that always gets me about these letters is thatmost of them have been written by people that have never known themselves lovedon a piece of paper. They could not tell you about the ink of their own loveletters. They're the ones from my generation, the ones of us that have grown upinto a world where everything is paperless, and where some of our bestconversations have happened upon a screen. We have learned to diary our painonto Facebook, and we speak swiftly in 140 characters or less.

But what if it's not about efficiency this time? I was on the subwayyesterday with this mail crate, which is a conversation starter, let me tellyou. If you ever need one, just carry one of these. (Laughter) And a man juststared at me, and he was like, "Well, why don't you use the Internet?" And Ithought, "Well, sir, I am not a strategist, nor am I specialist. I am merely astoryteller." And so I could tell you about a woman whose husband has just comehome from Afghanistan, and she is having a hard time unearthing this thingcalled conversation, and so she tucks love letters throughout the house as a wayto say, "Come back to me. Find me when you can." Or a girl who decides that sheis going to leave love letters around her campus in Dubuque, Iowa, only to findher efforts ripple-effected the ne_t day when she walks out onto the quad andfinds love letters hanging from the trees, tucked in the bushes and the the man who decides that he is going to take his life, uses Facebook as a wayto say goodbye to friends and family. Well, tonight he sleeps safely with astack of letters just like this one tucked beneath his pillow, scripted bystrangers who were there for him when.

These are the kinds of stories that convinced me that letter-writing willnever again need to flip back her hair and talk about efficiency, because she isan art form now, all the parts of her, the signing, the scripting, the mailing,the doodles in the margins. The mere fact that somebody would even just sitdown, pull out a piece of paper and think about someone the whole way through,with an intention that is so much harder to unearth when the browser is up andthe iPhone is pinging and we've got si_ conversations rolling in at once, thatis an art form that does not fall down to the Goliath of "get faster," no matterhow many social networks we might join. We still clutch close these letters toour chest, to the words that speak louder than loud, when we turn pages intopalettes to say the things that we have needed to say, the words that we haveneeded to write, to sisters and brothers and even to strangers, for far toolong. Thank you.

47 289153
");